Alchemy Report

Sunday 10 March 2013

I've had so many ideas for new perfumes lately and no time to experiment. Today was different. Today I have Created. I don't know how many will end up in the shop - some will probably need reformulating, two were custom orders, and two were second attempts at concepts I've had floating around my head for a while. I like to leave everything to age for about a week before testing them on myself and then deciding if they're keepers. But I'm excited about all of them! Some of my favourites from today's session:

Beatrice - Inspired by Dante Aligheri's love and muse, this is an Italian-themed floral and fruit blend. Clementine, bergamot, honeysuckle, orchid, lily, and peach. I wanted something light and feminine for spring - I think this will fit the bill.

Sweet 'Sinthe - I am obsessed with absinthe perfumes. This is weird for me because I don't like absinthe as a drink and, before I started perfume-making, I hated scents like aniseed and fennel. Now I'm some crazy addict. Sweet 'Sinthe is a mix of absinthe, aniseed, clementine, caramel, and a hint of peppermint. This actually brought Kyle running to the kitchen to see what I was making - apparently the caramel note is very alluring!

Hedgerow Tea - I'm not sure how well this one has worked, but I really wanted something with lots of berries, so this is a mix of Earl Grey tea, cranberry, mulberry, blackberry, and a hint of allspice. If it comes out as well as I'd like, this will be a new personal favourite for sure.

There are loads more, but I don't want to give too much away...Keep an eye out for new scents appearing in the shop in early April though!


No comments:

Post a Comment