Alchemy Report

Thursday 3 January 2013

So it's 2013! We survived an apocalyptic year, apparently. I'm aiming to open shop on Etsy in February and I've almost finalised my launch range. I do have a few more potential additions now, as I just spent two hours making everything from anime-inspired to Lovecraft-inspired perfume oils. I only stopped because I ran out of room in the kitchen. A few of my favourites from today's session:

Rei - inspired by the character from Neon Genesis Evangelion, my favourite anime series. This is a sweet, ethereal blend of cherry blossom, white musk, gardenia, and magnolia. Really pretty.

Dunwich - from the Lovecraft story, "The Dunwich Horror," this is a surprisingly madness-free mix of hay, allspice, honey, cedarwood and oakmoss.

Noir - a revamped version of the Ethan Banning oil I made and scrapped a while back, this is sandalwood with notes of nectarine and apricot, with hints of coffee and whisky. It's pretty much exactly how I first imagined it now.

Shinji - another NGE mix, this is a unisex blend of lemongrass, green tea, grapefruit, musk, and kudzu. I wasn't sure I'd like this - I'm not keen on lemongrass but I aim to experiment with all my oils even if I initially think I don't like them. This is definitely a favourite from today - fruity and unusual.

I'll probably be back in the kitchen tomorrow; I've still got a Hobbit-themed perfume in mind, as well as more Lovecraft and a couple of voudun-inspired mixes. Unngh. I love being off work!

No comments:

Post a Comment