"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Sattva
Douglas Adams

This is a mish-mash post, so be prepared for rambling.

Firstly I just wanted to thank you all again for your support and purchases during last week's Earth Day Sale. With all your tweeting, Facebooking, Redditting and buying, I was able to donate £100 to International Wildlife Rescue, which is just awesome, so thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Secondly, you might have noticed that I've put the shop in vacation mode today to catch up on orders. Some of these are orders placed last Tuesday, and the reason they are late going out is that I had a package of 5ml bottles stolen from outside my house last week :/ The delivery company and supplier have been great in helping me fix this problem, and I will have a new supply by tomorrow so I can catch up on these outstanding orders. I hate sending perfumes out late, but I'd rather have the shop closed for a few days to stop orders piling up that I can't send out on time. So that's why I'm currently closed! I'll be back on top by this Saturday and the shop will reopen asap. I'm sorry if you are waiting; please do get in touch with me if you have any questions.

So, with that straight, I thought it might be fun to chat a bit about what's coming up for Common Brimstone.
It's already been an amazing year and I'm really excited about what the rest of 2014 might hold. One thing I know it definitely holds is the next full moon fragrance - May's Flower Moon. I'm not giving away the notes, but if you're a fan of deep, velvety greens, you'll want to keep an eye out for this one.

I'm also nearly ready to start working on the next Raw Brimstone line (just waiting for one last essential oil to be delivered!), and if you're curious as to the theme for this one, take a look here. I've been brainstorming this for months and I can't wait to get started with the experimentation! My aim is to have the line ready to launch by August/September, and I'll be blogging more extensively about the theme and inspirations in the near future.

The other thing I'm going to be working on for the shop (time allowing!) is tidying up the photography. My phone camera isn't bad for a phone camera, but it is still just a phone camera, and some of my older photos are pretty awful. Hopefully I can give them a bit of a makeover over the coming months.

And outside of the shop, I just purchased myself a bottle of Di-Propylene Glycol. What's that, you ask? Well, it's a colourless, nearly odorless liquid used as a solvent in the beauty industry. Its solvent properties make it ideal for working with heavy resins and absolutes, as well as some CO2 extractions that won't blend in carrier oils. I use a lot of resins and absolutes in my work and I'm intrigued to see how they work in this material. At the moment this is all personal curiosity and self-education; I'm only interested in selling natural perfumes and Di-Propylene Glycol is not a natural product. But it should be fun to play with and I'm looking forward to sharing the results with you all (whether you want it or not).

1 comment:

  1. Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!. learn more

    ReplyDelete